Third Eye Meditation
Awaken your Psychic Powers
You came into this world with your third eye opened fully, to witness the glory and power of universe. But as your started growing up, your third eye got shut due to layers of illusion created by your family, teachers, peers and the world. Third eye meditation helps in removing these layers and stimulates your intuitive and psychic powers.
Third eye meditation can induce powerful mental images unperceived by other senses of sight, smell, etc. Third eye meditation or Trataka is a meditation technique that focuses your awareness on the third eye also called as the "Eyes of the Soul", so you can instantly and automatically attain a meditative state.
But before you can experience this state, you need to learn the correct way to practice Third Eye Meditation.
How to do Third Eye Meditation?
1) Sit in the cross-legged or Lotus position with your back straight. (Have a look a meditation posture to find out why you should sit upright). Then shut your eyes. Inhale deeply and fill up your lungs with fresh air. Pause for a second and exhale slowly. Repeat this process three times.
2) Now shift your complete focus towards your third eye or Ajya Chakra (centre of your forehead). Keep your eyes shut, and draw both your eyes closer to the Ajya chakra i.e. try to look up with your eyes closed.
3) Maintain your focus on the third eye and start backward counting from 100 to 1. Throughout the Third eye meditation, keep your eyes centered towards Ajya Chakra.
4) Remain in this position for 10 minutes and then slowly bring your eyes back to the normal position. Feel the stress releasing from your eyes. Let them loose and free. Allow your eyes to regain their normal movement.
5) Now do deep breathing for 3-5 minutes, until your focus is shifted from the third eye and your eyes start feeling normal again. Imagine your third eye getting stimulated and slowly opening up. Feel your psychic powers rising.
6) The last step of Third Eye meditation involves gently opening up your eyes. Stay calm for a minute and enjoy the relaxed state of your mind.
How does the third eye meditation work?
Your third eye is located in the center of your forehead and is the major termination-point for Chi (life force energy) and acupuncture meridians in your body. When you bring your awareness to this point as a part of the third eye mediation, you stimulate the Chi or life force energy in that Chakra, thereby opening it.
A lot of people have felt a sudden increase in their intuitive or psychic powers after practicing third eye meditation regularly. This is not surprising, given the fact that third eye is the link between the conscious and the sub-conscious mind and awakening it can let you see and experience events that cannot be sensed through physical eye.
Third eye meditation is the simplest and easiest way to attain a meditative state and enter the spiritual world. Practice third eye meditation for the bliss and tranquility it provides and for the joy it offers to your complete being.
Enjoyed Third Eye Meditation?
Return from Third Eye Meditation to Types of Meditation